Golf Course Superintendent, Fairwinds Golf Club
In 1981, the founders of Fairwinds purchased a 1,300-acre property on Nanoose Bay along Vancouver Island’s east coast, with the dream of creating a waterfront community based around a championship golf course and the Schooner Cove Marina. Fairwinds has since surpassed that dream to include a Wellness Centre, oceanside dining and accommodation, a network of walking trails and much more.
Fairwinds Golf Club is a year-round 18-hole championship golf course located on a scenic peninsula only 20 minutes away from Nanaimo and Parksville. Course facilities include two large practice greens, covered/heated driving range stalls, and a short-game practice area. PGA-certified teaching professionals offer lessons, camps, and clinics for all skill levels.
The challenging course, designed by architect Les Furber, demands strategic play with contoured greens and tree-lined fairways. The stunning rainforest location and ocean views make it a must visit for tourists and also a challenge for members who enjoy resort-style living in the Fairwinds master-planned residential communities.
Fairwinds is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent that will oversee the maintenance and management of the golf course, lead and motivate our maintenance team, and take our golf facility to the next level. The successful candidate will be well-organized, passionate about the game of golf, and take pride in the golf course product they provide. They will maintain strong cultural practices, ensure optimal playing conditions, aesthetic appeal and environmental sustainability, as well as sound financial management of the grounds department.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the candidate will collaborate with senior and divisional managers to achieve maintenance goals. We are looking for a leader, motivator, teacher and mentor. Someone who loves the hands-on nature of golf course maintenance and will take ‘ownership’ of the property they maintain. Excellent communication skills, management expertise, and a strong dedication to creating exceptional golf experiences are essential in this position.
Nanoose Bay, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role with golf course maintenance
- Professional certification in one or all of the following programs: agronomy, arboriculture, horticulture
- Licensed to apply fungicides, pesticides and have IPM accreditation
- A strong business acumen and experience managing annual operating and capital budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in ongoing hiring, training and motivating staff, and auditing staff performance
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team, set goals, and motivate staff to achieve project or educational objectives
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances, work under pressure and adapt to dynamic circumstances
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
February 2, 2024
- Year-round position with competitive salary based on qualifications and experience: $80,000-$90,000
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Continuing education and training
- Cell phone or allowance
- Medical and Dental benefit program
- RRSP contribution matching (some conditions)
- Subsidized staff meals
- Additional Manager facility benefits
How to Apply:
Submit resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on Friday, February 2, 2024.
For questions regarding this posting, call CK Golf at: 604-506-2226.