We had an outstanding summer and spent the majority of it right at home in Vancouver with the exception of a two night trip to Whistler. We made the decision to be tourists in our own town and to participate in as many things as possible that Vancouver has to offer. Here is our Top 12 list of things we did in the summer of 09′:
1. Participated in numerous biking activities in June during Bike Month. View!
2. Made our first ever visit to Bowen Island. View!
3. Enjoyed many of Vancouver’s Best Patios. View!
4. Had a great time at a couple of games during the Canada Cup Women’s hockey. View!
5. Discovered that a bike ride around the Stanley Park Seawall is that much better with Fish & Chips on the beach from the Raincity Grill. View!
6. Discovered Los Margaritas on West 4th and have been back half a dozen times already. View!
7. Enjoyed a summer trip to Whistler and a great dinner at La Rua. View!
8. Had a great time watching the Canadian Tour’s Surrey Invitational at Hazelmere Golf Course. View!
9. Rented a boat and took a ride up to Indian Arm. View!
10. Saw Altar Boyz on the Granville Island stage. View!
11. Watched some great golf at the Vancouver Open. View!
12. Attended the BC Business Top 100 luncheon. View!
Ate a Japa Dog. View!
What does it all mean? We did learn one thing from our summer of 2009; Vancouver is the greatest city in the world! Let’s hope the winter of 2009/2010 will be just as much fun – can you say Olympics?
Leave a Comment