We write a lot on this blog about the ‘business of golf’, ‘best practices’ and ‘internet marketing’, but customer satisfaction is also a key element in growing your business. One thing we have noticed is that public and semi-private golf clubs could do a better job of soliciting feedback. Private clubs in general do a decent job of surveying their customers, but they too, can do better than a year-end survey. As a manager, owner or operator you should want to engage with, learn from and make improvements to your business based on your customer’s feedback. A survey is a great way to start.
Here is a list of reasons you should survey ALL your customers:
- It shows customers that you care
- It allows you to engage with your customers
- It allows you to learn more about your customer and what they want from their experience at your facility
- It allows you to identify and resolve problems your customers may have
- It gives your customers a voice and can involve them in the process of change and improvement to their experience at your facility
- It can increase loyalty among your core customers
- It can help you increase operational efficiency based on what your customers tell you
- It will allow you benchmark the results for year over year comparison and management evaluation
One thing you can’t do with a survey is to take the responses personally, instead, use them to grow and improve your operations.
CK Golf has been helping clubs with surveys, silent shoppers and data collection over the past 12 years. If you have any questions or want to get started with customer feedback, give Jeff a call at 604-506-2226.
“If you don’t appreciate your customers, someone else will.” ―
We, Jeff and Tara Ciecko of CK Golf write two blogs, one is our 19th Hole Blog where we share personal experiences and the other an Industry Blog where we comment on general business and internet marketing best practices, sales strategies and give golf industry related opinions. We have recently started a Zoom call video series of Golf Industry Conversations. We have owned CK Golf for 12 years and provide business services to the golf and other industries. As of July 31, 2016 our life and our business became ‘location independent’. Our 19th Hole Blog is about the places we visit and the things we do. If you have any questions or comments, or happen to be in the same location as us please reach out and contact us anytime.