Blogs are still relevant
With the quick pace of changing technology and new social platforms, apps and chat bots constantly being introduced you may wonder why blogging is still important. Whether you call them blogs, news posts or something clever, unique and on brand the premise is that you are creating NEW content on a regular basis. This content is a longer form than your social posts can be more detailed and can be used as landing pages for your posts and emails.
We have been blogging since 2008 and have written more than 1,000 blogs of our own but we also spend a great deal of time writing website ‘news’ content for our clients.
Here is why:
- Blogging is a great tool to give your business a more personal face. New, younger golfers card about the people and values of your business so tell them.
- Blogs are fresh content that keeps your website up to date and higher ranking for search engines.
- Blogs can solidify your authority on specific topics.
- Blogs give your key managers or staff a chance to be ‘known’ by your members, guests and potential customers.
- Blogs give the outsider a chance to become an ‘insider’.
- Blogs make a connection between your business and your customers
How to start blogging
For most businesses, blogging is as simple as adding a page to your website in the template of a blog. If you use WordPress this takes just a few clicks.
Before you start, create a plan and a content calendar. Who will blog? How often? By dividing the content up by the departments in your business you will get a wider diversity of content with less time commitment needed on an individual basis.
Whatever plan you choose be consistent and be real. Share links to your blogs/ news in your emails and on your social platforms. Watch for comments and engage back.
Give us a call at 604-506-2226 or send us an email anytime to talk about how blogging can help your business. If you do not have the human resources to tell your club’s story…we can help!
We, Jeff and Tara Ciecko of CK Golf write two blogs, one is our 19th Hole Blog where we share personal experiences and the other an Industry Blog where we comment on general business and internet marketing best practices, sales strategies and give golf industry related opinions. We have owned CK Golf for 14+ years and provide business services to the golf and other industries. As of July 31, 2016 our life and our business became ‘location independent’. Our 19th Hole Blog is about the places we visit and the things we do. If you have any questions or comments, or happen to be in the same location as us please reach out and contact us anytime.