Job Posting: Food & Beverage Manager Club Kelowna Golf & Country Club
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Start Date: As soon as possible
For over a century, the Kelowna Golf & Country Club has been an integral part of the community, proving itself as the choice for a member focused club experience in the Central Okanagan. We strive to provide excellence in the golf & country club atmosphere through our commitment to member satisfaction, and by fostering a positive culture through an adherence to our core values of communication, fellowship, continuous improvement along with keeping the club environmentally and financially sustainable.
The Food & Beverage Manager will oversee all service elements of the F&B operations with gross annual sales approaching $2,000,000. The operation is supplied by two lounge areas, beautiful outdoor spaces, banquet area, private dining, halfway café and a beverage cart. You will work in concert with the Chef and sit on a department head team of five that reports to the General Manager.
- Degree / Diploma in a hospitality field and / or a minimum of 3 to 5 years in leadership experience in similar role
- Proven track record of mentorship, teaching and driving a learning culture within your staff
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining service standards, recruitment and leadershipof a Food & Beverage team consisting of approximately 35+ employees
- Fluency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and comprehensive knowledge of food andwines to ensure margins are met. Working knowledge of Jonas POS considered an asset
- Private Club experience and Sommelier or Sommelier in-training considered an assetKey Responsibilities
- Provide consistent high-quality food and beverage service to the Club’s members and guests for all of the day-to-day dining and Club events
- Conduct and ensure the departments employee cycle is being met (recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, developing, approving payroll and dismissal)
- Attend regular department head meetings to ensure and optimize operational needs
- Maintain regular email / marketing communication with the membership to advise them ofsocial events and pertinent F & B information
- Under the direction of the General Manager, develop / implement departmental annual plansand operating reports
- Oversee the ordering of all beverage and linen inventory
- Manage your time efficiently so you are available and willing to work a flexible schedule whichcan include evenings, weekends, and holidaysSalaries & Benefits
- Salary – Commensurate with experience and a comprehensive and attractive benefits package
- Longevity, stability, resources, recognition and excellence in club management
Please email your resume and cover letter with subject heading ‘F&B Manager; First & Last Name’ to; David Walker, General Manager; email@example.com by Friday, May 27, 2022.
We, Jeff and Tara Ciecko of CK Golf write two blogs, one is our 19th Hole Blog where we share personal experiences and the other an Industry Blog where we comment on general business and internet marketing best practices, sales strategies and give golf industry related opinions. We have owned CK Golf for 14+ years and provide business services to the golf and other industries. As of July 31, 2016 our life and our business became ‘location independent’. Our 19th Hole Blog is about the places we visit and the things we do. If you have any questions or comments, or happen to be in the same location as us please reach out and contact us anytime.